Re: SmallJS released on GitHub

RR
Richard Ronteltap
Mon, Sep 4, 2023 8:05 PM

Thanks, David.
I'll certainly check out PharoJS again soon, it's been a while...

Cheers, Richard

From: David Mason dmason@torontomu.ca
Sent: 04 September 2023 16:52
To: richardronteltap@hotmail.com
Cc: esug-list@lists.esug.org
Subject: Re: [Esug-list] SmallJS released on GitHub

This is cool, Richard!

You might want to look at http://PharoJS.orghttp://pharojs.org/ to get some ideas on generating high-performance JS equivalents to Smalltalk features. I intend to look at what you've done to see if it could help us, too.

Thanks for letting us know!

../Dave

On Fri, 1 Sept 2023 at 08:35, <richardronteltap@hotmail.commailto:richardronteltap@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

.

I'm new here so first let me introduce myself briefly.

I'm Richard, currently working as a dept. head at the IT services of the University of Amsterdam.

Having also studied Computer Science there, I started my carreer as a developer.

I don't code for work anymore, but do so in my free time, in several languages.

.

Smalltalk is still my favorite language, of course :-).

To promote it's use, I created SmallJS, a Smalltalk to JavaScript compiler

that targets modern browsers and Node.js development on multiple platforms.

.

I just released SmallJS on GitHub: https://github.com/Small-JS/SmallJS

If you would like to check it out, please do and provide feedback.

If you would like to collaborate on it, drop me a note.

.

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks, David. I'll certainly check out PharoJS again soon, it's been a while... Cheers, Richard From: David Mason <dmason@torontomu.ca> Sent: 04 September 2023 16:52 To: richardronteltap@hotmail.com Cc: esug-list@lists.esug.org Subject: Re: [Esug-list] SmallJS released on GitHub This is cool, Richard! You might want to look at http://PharoJS.org<http://pharojs.org/> to get some ideas on generating high-performance JS equivalents to Smalltalk features. I intend to look at what you've done to see if it could help us, too. Thanks for letting us know! ../Dave On Fri, 1 Sept 2023 at 08:35, <richardronteltap@hotmail.com<mailto:richardronteltap@hotmail.com>> wrote: Hi all, . I'm new here so first let me introduce myself briefly. I'm Richard, currently working as a dept. head at the IT services of the University of Amsterdam. Having also studied Computer Science there, I started my carreer as a developer. I don't code for work anymore, but do so in my free time, in several languages. . Smalltalk is still my favorite language, of course :-). To promote it's use, I created SmallJS, a Smalltalk to JavaScript compiler that targets modern browsers and Node.js development on multiple platforms. . I just released SmallJS on GitHub: https://github.com/Small-JS/SmallJS If you would like to check it out, please do and provide feedback. If you would like to collaborate on it, drop me a note. . Cheers, Richard _______________________________________________ Esug-list mailing list -- esug-list@lists.esug.org<mailto:esug-list@lists.esug.org> To unsubscribe send an email to esug-list-leave@lists.esug.org<mailto:esug-list-leave@lists.esug.org>