Fwd: [Pharo-users] Survey of Library Update and Breaking Changes

SD
stephane ducasse
Wed, Dec 22, 2021 11:39 PM

Hi guys

this is a survey to help Oleksandr PhD.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Oleksandr Zaitsev olk.zaytsev@gmail.com
Subject: [Pharo-users] Survey of Library Update and Breaking Changes
Date: 21 December 2021 at 10:46:24 CET
To: Any question about pharo is welcome pharo-users@lists.pharo.org

Hi everyone,

Could you please take 5-10 minutes of your time to take part in our survey?
We want to understand how developers deal with API breaking changes, what problems do they have when updating to the new version, etc.

https://framaforms.org/library-update-how-to-manage-dependencies-on-the-evolving-apis-1638197855 https://framaforms.org/library-update-how-to-manage-dependencies-on-the-evolving-apis-1638197855

If you are also developing a library, framework, or microservice (anything that has an API, multiple versions, and some users other than yourself), please answer my second survey:
https://framaforms.org/library-update-how-do-you-manage-changes-in-the-api-of-the-software-you-develop-1638192547 https://framaforms.org/library-update-how-do-you-manage-changes-in-the-api-of-the-software-you-develop-1638192547

This survey is also quick to answer (5-10 min).
And this doesn't have to be a very big library.
Even if you developed a small tool that some people use, I am really interested in your answers!

If you are interested in the results of those two surveys, please specify your email address (last optional question) and I will send you the summary of our study.

Thank you for your help,
Oleksandr

Hi guys this is a survey to help Oleksandr PhD. S > Begin forwarded message: > > From: Oleksandr Zaitsev <olk.zaytsev@gmail.com> > Subject: [Pharo-users] Survey of Library Update and Breaking Changes > Date: 21 December 2021 at 10:46:24 CET > To: Any question about pharo is welcome <pharo-users@lists.pharo.org> > Reply-To: Any question about pharo is welcome <pharo-users@lists.pharo.org> > > Hi everyone, > > Could you please take 5-10 minutes of your time to take part in our survey? > We want to understand how developers deal with API breaking changes, what problems do they have when updating to the new version, etc. > > https://framaforms.org/library-update-how-to-manage-dependencies-on-the-evolving-apis-1638197855 <https://framaforms.org/library-update-how-to-manage-dependencies-on-the-evolving-apis-1638197855> > > If you are also developing a library, framework, or microservice (anything that has an API, multiple versions, and some users other than yourself), please answer my second survey: > https://framaforms.org/library-update-how-do-you-manage-changes-in-the-api-of-the-software-you-develop-1638192547 <https://framaforms.org/library-update-how-do-you-manage-changes-in-the-api-of-the-software-you-develop-1638192547> > > This survey is also quick to answer (5-10 min). > And this doesn't have to be a very big library. > Even if you developed a small tool that some people use, I am really interested in your answers! > > If you are interested in the results of those two surveys, please specify your email address (last optional question) and I will send you the summary of our study. > > Thank you for your help, > Oleksandr