[Esug-list] Smalltalk and the list of popular programming languages

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Thu Sep 12 03:30:19 EDT 2019

I often reply to people by saying that if we all use the same tools then we will invent the same.
So this is important to have different approaches.

Because else we need less researchers because they will all come up with the same ideas :)

I also mention that in biology the wealth of an ecosystem is the number of endemic species.
	England: 49
	Socrota island: 700
	guess which one I would keep if I need to choose.

S.

BTW dave it would be cool to have Ryerson part of the Pharo consortium