[Esug-list] PythonBridge (was: Smalltalk and the list of popular programming languages)

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 04:43:01 EDT 2019

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:41 AM Boris Shingarov <boris at shingarov.com>
wrote:

> Hi Alexandre,
>
> I went to look at PythonBridge and it promises to be massively
> interesting!  Definitely much more systematic than the crude and primitive
> PyStGateway I hacked together for the MachineArithmetic package.
>
> However, I must be doing something stupid.  As PythonBridge's "Getting
> Started" page tells me, I loaded the metacello:
>
> Metacello new
>  baseline: 'PythonBridge';
>  repository: 'github://ObjectProfile/PythonBridge/src';
>  load.
>
> so now I have PythonBridge master and Python3Generator v2.0.0 in my Pharo
> 7 image.  Ok nice.
>
> However, PBApplication class does not implement #installPipenvEnvironment,
> so
>
> (Smalltalk at: #PBApplication) installPipenvEnvironment
>
> results in MNU.  In fact there are no implementors of
> #installPipenvEnvironment.
>
> How would you suggest to debug this?

I already got this problem. Normally you don't have to do anymore:
(Smalltalk at: #PBApplication) installPipenvEnvironment

Just run the tests after your load PythonBridge in your image.

Regards,

--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroon
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich