[Esug-list] Concurrency Best Practices + Tests

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sat Sep 7 02:24:51 EDT 2019

Hi guys

I imagine that noury knows most of the remarks you sent it.
He is far from dull.
Now it would be nice to read his questions and reply to them and not just tell him
“oh do not use concurrency”

The questions are essentially how do we test? how does concurrent programming fit in TDD.

Stef

> On 6 Sep 2019, at 02:32, Andres Valloud <avalloud at smalltalk.comcastbiz.net> wrote:
>
> TL; DR: generally, developing a good sense of what to do ***before
> writing a single line of code*** works really well.
>
> On 9/4/19 6:32 , N. Bouraqadi wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Can I get your input on the following questions :
>>
>> - What are your best practices and recommendations for developing and testing concurrent software?
>>
>> - How to discover need for synchronization/critical sections/ when doing TDD?
>>
>> - How to write code to avoid dead-locks?
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> Noury

Stéphane Ducasse
http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr