[Esug-list] Fund rising for the new Spec20 book

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Tue Sep 3 14:31:29 EDT 2019

Hello Pharoers and Smalltalk Friends

Often you or other complain that there is not enough documentation, tutorials…. (even if we have a mooc worth 155 K euros http://mooc.pharo.org <http://mooc.pharo.org/>, several great books http://book.pharo.org <http://book.pharo.org/>), but yes we should update them.
Now I started to work on a new book on Spec 20 with Cyril Ferlicot and I decided that I will not write it for free because it will take me at least 6 months.

So I decided that if this community wants more books and documentation, it should prove its will :)
I created a fundraising campaign to check if people can align their wishes and their means.

So feel free to sponsor this great book.

	Building user interfaces with spec 20 –
	https://www.okpal.com/building-user-interfaces-with-spec/?utm_campaign=01DKKYM06QR7GF0K4S5YA3VVZ0&utm_medium=campaign_edit-okpuid_01DKKYKZ99J5VPEAKHNXH8375A-20190903&utm_source=share_directlink <https://www.okpal.com/building-user-interfaces-with-spec/?utm_campaign=01DKKYM06QR7GF0K4S5YA3VVZ0&utm_medium=campaign_edit-okpuid_01DKKYKZ99J5VPEAKHNXH8375A-20190903&utm_source=share_directlink>

Organisations can also do it.
BTW: the crowd funding system and other cost will cost us 10% and after we will pay taxes
on this. So I prefer not to count our hour cost because else I would really not write a book at all.

Stef
Stéphane Ducasse
http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr
http://www.synectique.eu / http://www.pharo.org