[Esug-list] Nested Degenerate Convenience Methods

Reinout Heeck reinout at soops.nl
Thu Apr 2 04:43:37 EDT 2015

Nested Degenerate Convenience Methods

I don't have a better name, but maybe a bit of critique helps:

I would say that these methods are degenerate when viewed from a
bottom-up perspective.
Thinking top-down we could say that some parameters are implied by the
environment (self in this case) hence such methods are more abstract.

I guess this might dovetail with Damiens suggestions depending on usage.
Is it a pattern when it is used in a situation to hide certain concerns
-- when it is used particularly to reach abstraction, to 'give'
abstraction to higher layers?

-