[Esug-list] "Pharo is Smalltalk inspired"

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Jul 31 15:56:06 EDT 2014

Reinout,

I have a feeling that if we had a chance to talk that we would be in
"screaming agreement."

I have spent a large portion of the last 5 years helping to build new
infrastructure for Smalltalk. Metacello and Filetree have made it possible
for Smalltalkers to start using the more modern SCMs like git and to
benefit from collaborative tools like GitHub and I think this is a _good_
thing.

tODE is my take on a Smalltalk IDE built to support git/github-based
development and is just another necessary (no IDE for GemStone) step along
the way.

I'd like to think that my work contributes to the overall effort in
building "Smalltalk3.0."

And I'm sorry I made you cringe:)

Dale