[Esug-list] "Pharo is Smalltalk inspired"

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Thu Jul 31 11:05:25 EDT 2014

Hi,

The official Pharo statement is clearly stated on the http://pharo.org
webpage.

This topic has been (re)discussed recently spawned by my original post on
Pharo is Pharo:
http://www.tudorgirba.com/blog/pharo-is-pharo

You can choose to see in my words what you wish. I will choose to not fight
it. I did it before and it lead nowhere. I will only state that we clearly
want to position Pharo to build a future that we do not know at this point
in time.

Cheers,
Doru

Cheers,
Doru

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Helge Nowak <hknowak at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Dear Pharoers,
>
> I stumbled upon Doru’s (BTW excellent, as usual) presentation on Live
> Objects at NDC 2014. In there he states “Pharo is Smalltalk inspired. … we
> want to point ourselves that we are Smalltalk inspired because we want to
> move towards the future”. This implies three things:
>
>    1. Pharo is NOT Smalltalk
>    2. All Smalltalks are not moving towards the future
>    3. The Pharo community wants to get divorced from the community that
>    gave them birth
>

> I am wondering whether this is indeed the official position of the Pharo
> community? And how the Smalltalkers think about it.
>
> Cheers
> Helge

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"