[Esug-list] "Pharo is Smalltalk inspired"

Helge Nowak hknowak at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 31 07:20:12 EDT 2014

Dear Clément,

thank you for your valuable contribution. So, what you are saying is that none of the Smalltalks around (VA Smalltalk, GemStone, Smalltalk/X, Dolphin, VisualWorks, ObjectStudio  etc, pp.) is Smalltalk.

Kent Beck once used the term "balkanization". The point of my email was to open eyes to not run into that behaviour! It won't help the Smalltalk community - to which I still count Pharo ... and hope you do too!
Cheers
Helge