[Esug-list] "Pharo is Smalltalk inspired"

Helge Nowak hknowak at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 31 06:05:24 EDT 2014

Dear Pharoers,

I stumbled
upon Doru’s (BTW excellent, as usual) presentation on Live Objects at NDC 2014.
In there he states “Pharo is Smalltalk inspired. … we want to point ourselves
that we are Smalltalk inspired because we want to move towards the future”. This
implies three things:
	1. Pharo is NOT Smalltalk
	2. All Smalltalks are not moving towards
the future
	3. The Pharo community wants to get
divorced from the community that gave them birth

I am
wondering whether this is indeed the official position of the Pharo community?
And how the Smalltalkers think about it.

Cheers
Helge