[Esug-list] Dumb question regarding Pharo

Clément Bera bera.clement at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 14:07:11 EST 2014

Hello,

You definitely want to have a look at Spec. The idea is that at some point
a spec-based UI will be both compatible with Morphic and Mars (Mars is the
native window pharo framework working right now with cocoa and gtk, winform
is not supported (yet)). There's also a tool named UIPainter to create a UI
with drag and drop as you are used to. However, it is a work in progress
and currently I make my UI by hand with Spec, without using a drag and drop
ui builder, and I don't use native windows ...

If you want to make professional application with Spec you would need to
invest a bit of time but it's doable.