[Esug-list] [gsoc-mentors] [Pharo-dev] The truth on GSOC, ESUG and bad attitude

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Mon Feb 10 12:32:39 EST 2014

Marcus do not blame yourself. Your mail was plain correct.
Janko wants to kill me with his systematic attacks and this is perfect, if he feels better after that.
Indeed we should have never ever helped on GSOC. I was too optimistic.
I will quit mentoring and do not talk to me about GSOC and Janko after that episode.

> So, if i understood correctly,
>> ESUG spent more money last year running GSoC than it received from Google.
>> Which literally means ESUG budget lost some money.
>>
>> Shall any students/mentors/ESUG affiliates be enraged about that fact?
>> Or did smalltalk community in general lost because of that?
>>
>> I may be wrong (because sure thing i am biased asshole), but as to me both answers will be 'no'.

Indeed igor you are just correct :)