[Esug-list] It makes my toes curl

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 10:57:33 EST 2014

On 10 February 2014 11:00, Reinout Heeck <reinout at soops.nl> wrote:

> dear Smalltalk promoters,
>  I have too many friends that are in a divorce with kids in the picture.
>
>  I have an understanding with them: they can talk (rant) to me about
> anything regarding their divorce, but not in public and not at parties.
>

> So this stuff:
>
>> Now, I want to have details about your message. What do you mean by
>> "blatantly unethical behavior"? At which point have we been unethical?

I do agree, that using phrasing "lost money" was inappropriate.
ESUG is a non-profit organization and such phrasing simply cannot be
applied to indicate that it was spent more money than it received.
If it would be a commercial organization, such phrasing would be totally
adequate.

That is my only issue concerning current flame-out.
I want to ask ESUG board members to not use such phrasing anymore, because
they are inadequate.
But i am far from calling that "blatantly unethical behavior".

After all, ESUG mission is about 'losing' all the money they can get from
sponsors to help promoting smalltalk.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.