[Esug-list] Moving on with GSOC2014?

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Sat Feb 8 11:31:32 EST 2014

As things stand now, I don't think there is enough mutual trust between
ESUG and Janko to proceed with GSOC2014.  I think either the name is
changed to "Smalltalk" as Janko proposed, which many people have
objected to, or he should take a step back.

I have experience with GSOC having served as admin for the GNU project
in 2011 so, if necessary, I volunteer to run the organization as admin
(and as ESUG).

I want to point out _very_ clearly, from the beginning that I wouldn't
want to have anything to do with any "extra slots" like there were last
year.  This would be something for ESUG to sort out if they have the money.

Now, I cannot deny that I haven't been involved very much in Smalltalk
programming for the last few years.  On the other hand administration is
mostly bureaucratic work, and I clearly have no bias in favor or against
any particular dialect.

Regards,

Paolo