[Esug-list] About GSOC mess: Running under 'Smalltalk' org. name

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Sat Feb 8 08:21:14 EST 2014

Il 08/02/2014 11:25, Janko Mivšek ha scritto:
> Which is to make GSoC attractive
> to all Smalltalkers by removing the last doubt about the any bias
> towards any Smalltalk or group.

Janko, I don't think that anyone has any doubt about that.  The number
of proposals is obviously influenced by the popularity of dialects, but
I'm 101% sure that prospective mentors are going to vote for them
according to the value of the proposal and not the chosen dialect.

I also don't see the point of investing so much into your own selection
system.  Google's is "interesting" in some cases, but it's gotten better
and better every year.  You're free of course to do what you want as the
org admin, but I think the choice can only make things more confusing.

Paolo