[Esug-list] [Pharo-users] [ann] gtspotter: a moldable interface for spotting objects

Johan Fabry jfabry at dcc.uchile.cl
Mon Dec 8 10:02:37 EST 2014

Sorry, but no :-(

I am always confused when people say ‘category’ because the word has so many overloaded meanings. The same happens in the blog post, it is not clear to me what category means here, and what does it have to do with the collection object?

> On Dec 7, 2014, at 11:16, Tudor Girba <tudor at tudorgirba.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, we will still evolve the UI. At the very least you will get the shortkeys directly on the actions.
>
> The answer to your question is in the blog post:
> GTSpotter offers an extra action: diving in a category. Pressing Cmd+Shift+ArrowRight dives in the collection object containing only the items from that category. Thus, we can continue refining the search inside the category.
>
> So, you will open the collection of that sub-category and you will see more items at once (not just 5). Is it clearer now?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru

PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile