[Esug-list] GSoC Project Proposal: Morphic for Amber, Looking for mentor

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sat Apr 27 10:47:21 EDT 2013

Matthias Springer wrote
> Regardless of whether you would be willing to participate as a mentor,
> I'd like to know if this project is something you're interested in and
> what features are most important for you.

This is a /fantastic/ proposal. I am extremely interested in having the
ability to write a non-standard Morphic UI and have it show up in a webpage
without any extra work. In fact, that would be amazing! I'm also interested
in your idea for another important reason... Morphic is a mess!! What would
be great is if you focus on the required behavior without copying too much
of the implementation details. In this way, hopefully, we could backport
your clean implementation into Morphic and benefit from fresh eyes. I would
be happy to mentor as I'm more familiar with Morphic than I ever wanted to
be ;) But what would be /great/ is if you could hook up with Juan Vuletich
and pitch it to him. He did a rewrite of Morphic a while back and would be
an invaluable resource. Even if he can consult, it would be a huge help.

-----
Cheers,
Sean