[Esug-list] ESUG SummerTalk - Fuel, binary object serializer

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon May 30 04:02:45 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu.org> wrote:

> On 05/29/2011 08:51 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
>>    But if I compare the serializing
>>    time and deserializing time of my thing, writing is about twice slower
>>    than reading.
>>

>> Yes, I think that is the normal and more or less the expected difference
>> right now.
>>

> Do you want to make some comparisons with the GNU Smalltalk ObjectDumper?
>  I can help, or I can even make some comparisons myself if you give me some
> test Fuel code and an image to test with.

Hi Paolo. ObjectDumper was one of the serializers that we wanted to analyze
also to get ideas and compare. This is why once I tried to install GNU
Smalltalk in my  machine but I couldn't so I give up.
The problem to compare ObjectDumper is that we need to be able to run both
in the same Dialect/VM. Otherwise the difference of the dialect or VM can
change the results a lot.

Sorry for the offtopic but is there an easy way to install GNU Smalltalk in
a Mac OS 10.6.7 ?

Thanks

--
Mariano