[Esug-list] ESUG SummerTalk - Fuel, binary object serializer

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sun May 29 14:48:59 EDT 2011

At Sat, 28 May 2011 19:26:03 +0200,
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Thanks Yoshiki. So you said Fuel was 2x faster at reading...did you check in writing (serializing) ?
> we would like to know the difference if possible.

  Well, the serializing part is definitely not tuned for performance.
It is even written in OMeta2!  It does not support all bells and
whisles with new kinds of literals and stuff so I cannot really do a
meaningful comparison with Fuel.  But if I compare the serializing
time and deserializing time of my thing, writing is about twice slower
than reading.

-- Yoshiki