[Esug-list] Proposal for Mock Objects at ESUG 2011

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Sat May 28 19:47:06 EDT 2011

Test doubles are objects that simulate being other objects... The name
comes from the movies were the double replaces the real actor...
I really dont like the name, i found it confusing, that is why i
prefer to use simulation objects...
Anyway, they include fake pbjects, mock objects, dummy objects and bla
and bla and bla :-) in the end the only impotant thing is for them to
be polimorphic with the object they are replacing implementing a
specific behavior for the test they are being used

--
*Hernán Wilkinson
Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching