[Esug-list] ESUG SummerTalk - Fuel, binary object serializer

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri May 27 20:55:03 EDT 2011

At Fri, 27 May 2011 19:53:46 -0300,
Martin Dias wrote:

>      Thanks!  I tried it a bit and I'm officially impressed with its
>     performancce ^^;
>
>      I had a simple serializer/materializer that only handles class
>     definitions and compiled methods (and initialization of classes).  But
>     Fuel seems faster than that for a factor of two or so for reading
>     methods.  (Mine was more on simplicity so it has only a few methods
>     and does some slow way to read sized-strings, as well as generous 4
>     byte padding.  It does make difference when it comes to performance.)
>
> Sounds great! Do you have it in a public repository?

  Sure.  It is here:

https://github.com/yoshikiohshima/SqueakBootstrapper

The system is just enough to load a compiler so it does not handle
curly braces nor pragmas or primitives.  But By setting the path to
the Squeak VM in the Makefile, it should run on major platforms where
the VM takes command line arguments.

-- Yoshiki