[Esug-list] Proposal for Mock Objects at ESUG 2011

simondenier simon.denier at gmail.com
Fri May 27 07:22:51 EDT 2011

That's interesting. I recently started to use Cucumber with Rails, which
looks like another step in BDD with specs written in look-alike natural
language. Hard to beat in terms of readibility, even with the Smalltalk
syntax. But that's another topic.
http://cukes.info/

On topic I started to read the GOOS book written by two pioneers of mocks,
and I think it's a recommended reading on the topic of objects + TDD + mock.
Just read the first chapters for now but it's in line with my own conception
of objects yet offers some interesting insights about design. I think Tim
McKinnon which has been a regular participant of Smalltalk events in the
past years might have a word or two on the topic :)

http://www.growing-object-oriented-software.com/