[Esug-list] [ANN] SmallHarbour project

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Wed May 18 06:26:15 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Joachim Tuchel
<jtuchel at objektfabrik.de> wrote:
> So what would be better?
>
> I think a collection of cookbooks would. Maybe defining layers of a web app,
> starting from the Browser through all layers of functionality to the data
> backend, and collecting material for each of them would be much better. If
> I'm interested in a load-balanced, https-aware installation of a Squeak
> Image that persists data in Magma, I can choose appropriate documentation
> for each layer. Some layers may not be deeply related to Smalltalk at all,
> then we could add links to relevant information (like how do I configure
> Apache as a load balancer with Sticky sessions?), while others might be
> deeply related to Smalltalk.

yes, cookbooks would be nice. We also need simple, reliable, no
investigation, no fuss, low effort way to deploy most common forms of
smalltalk web app or pier blog. If you want fancy stuff you go for
recipes or forge one for yourself. But for most common cases it would
be great if it would be smooth and reliable.

We need distilled, reliable and maintained most common cases, and it
seems that this is also one of the goals of SmallHarbour.

It is like Linux and its distributions. Linux can be anything, which
is great, but distribution makes it much more usable in some domain.

just my 2 lipas,

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/