[Esug-list] [ANN] SmallHarbour project

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Tue May 17 15:37:56 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:19 PM, laurent laffont
<laurent.laffont at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually we have several visions (nothing is final here, ideas welcome)
..

Having Amazon ec2 image is also a very good idea, and some
Smalltalkers have already made first important steps like:

http://www.nickager.com/blog/Create-a-free-Gemstone-server-in-the-cloud-in-10-minutes/

You probably already have enough on your plate, but I mentioned
CloudFoundry for following reasons:
- it has a promise that one would be able to deploy SmallHarbour to
different cloud providers
- CloudFoundry currently provides support for Java, Ruby and
Javascript, adding Smalltalk would be nice for visibility, and could
be used for other Smalltalk services not only SmallHarbour.

As I said you probably have enough to do in the first place, but if
you just happen to have some student lurking that has some ruby
knowledge to hack the interface for Smalltalk to Cloudfoundry it would
be very nice to have :)

As for your other goals - great!

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/