[Esug-list] moose = smalltalk ambassador

Tudor Girba tudor.girba at gmail.com
Tue May 10 08:57:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

Moose (http://moosetechnology.org) is a Smalltalk ambassador. Actually, I think it's the best ambassador we have right now to persuade professional developers to look into Smalltalk.

Let me tell you why.

Moose is a platform for software and data analysis and includes components like: Glamour, Mondrian or PetitParser. Moose solves a real and important problem that developers (both Smalltalkers and non-Smalltalkers) have: how to improve the productivity of the effort spent on assessment. Moose is an innovation in this domain because it enables a completely different approach through which developers craft their own tools fast (http://humane-assessment.com). The cool thing is that they build these tools by programming Smalltalk in Pharo, and thus they get to learn the language and the platform first.

Moose also comes with exposure. For example, this year I will be presenting Moose and humane assessment at some large industry oriented conferences:
- Jazoon (http://jazoon.com)
- GotoCon Aarhus (http://gotocon.com/aarhus-2011/)
- GotoCon Amsterdam (http://gotocon.com/amsterdam-2011/)

All in all, if you want to promote Smalltalk, and Pharo in particular, you might want to look into it. And you are always welcome to contribute, follow us and make noise:
- http://www.moosetechnology.org
- http://twitter.com/#!/moosetechnology
- http://www.facebook.com/pages/moosetechnologyorg/152851281427491

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."