[Esug-list] Schools, Colleges, Universities ...

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at gmail.com
Tue May 3 09:30:30 EDT 2011

I forgot to mention that in our university, since several years (5 or 6 I can't rember) we are proud to have a Smalltalker as a member of our steering committee as a representative of the software industry. And guess who is this Smalltalker : Georg Heeg (founder of Heeg e.k and STIC Executive Director) :-)

BTW, I started teaching Smalltalk in Ecole des Mines de Douai since 2003 (I taught it elsewhere before).
And my research is in Smalltalk since 1995 :-)

Noury

On 3 mai 2011, at 15:16, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:

> Hi Geert,
>
> Luc and I do teach Smalltalk in our university (Ecole des Mines de Douai, http://www.mines-douai.fr).
> We do use Pharo.
>
> We're located in the city of Douai in the north of France (30 km from Lille).
> So, Stéf is also contributing to our Smalltalk courses :-)
>
> Noury
> http://car.mines-douai.fr/noury
> --
>
> On 2 mai 2011, at 09:55, Geert Claes wrote:
>
>> Hi all, I am trying to put together an up-to-date list of schools, colleges
>> or universities that are currently teaching Smalltalk.
>>
>> The statistics from world.st (topped by Montevideo, Uruguay) and
>> forum.world.st (Ankara, Turkey being the one leading the list) did reveal
>> some interesting information which could help ESUG to target their promotion
>> efforts.
>>
>> Looking forwards seeing replies of any academic organisations promoting
>> Smalltalk (contact persons?)
>>
>> --

Noury Bouraqadi
http://car.mines-douai.fr/noury
--
-6th National Conference on
“Control Architecture of Robots”

-19th ESUG International Smalltalk Conference
22-26 August 2011, Edinburgh, UK
http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2011

-19èmes Journées Francophones sur les Systèmes Multi-Agents (JFSMA’11)
http://www.univ-valenciennes.fr/congres/jfsma2011/
17-19 Octobre 2011, Valenciennes, France