[Esug-list] [ANN] PDF 4 Smalltalk

Christian Haider Christian.Haider at smalltalked-visuals.com
Sat Aug 20 16:44:29 EDT 2011

I am proud to announce an open source PDF implementation.

I will give a talk about this at ESUG (on Wednesday, 10:30, according to
current schedule).

The presentation will be available at Origo (see below) after the talk.

I just published the bundles to the Cincom public store:

-          Fonts Development

-          PDF Development

It is developed in VisualWorks 7.8 and should work with older versions.
If not, please give me a note.

The bundle comment of {PDF Development}:

8<------------------------

Read and write PDF files.

Support for PDF as defined by the ISO standard PDF 32000-1:2008 (see
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/pdf/pdf_reference.html).

Look at Document class in Package [PDF Development] to find simple demos
to get you started.

Best load order for development:

  1. bundle {Values Development}

  2. bundle {Fonts Development}